Teething normally begins around 6 months of age and can cause some pain, discomfort and drooling for your little one. Every child goes through the dreaded teething phase, but luckily for you we have compiled some amazing tips you can use to help comfort and sooth your baby as they begin to develop their very own teeth.
1. Use a washcloth to help soothe their gums – Dip a washcloth in cold water and let it chill in the freezer for a bit before handing it to your little one so they can chew on it which generally provides some relief.
2. Give your little one chilled fruit – Mash some fruits up and place them in a mesh feeder then freeze them to create a tasty treat your child will love while it also helping to make their gums feel better.
3. Remove the drool – Keep a bib or cloth handy and wipe away drool as often as possible. This will prevent your little one from the possibility of getting a painful rash.
4. Utilize teething toys – Teething toys are a great way to provide pain relief and provide something fun to chew on at the same time. For bonus points, store the teething toys in the freezer so they’re cold when you give them to your baby.
5. Make a milk Popsicle – Freeze your own milk popsicles. This trick provides your child healthy milk while also helping to sooth their irritated gums.
Bonus Tip: Your little one should visit the dentist within 6 months of their first tooth showing. This first appointment will begin their regular visits to the dentist and put your child on a pathway to fostering healthy teeth and hygiene habits throughout their life.