Get a Bright & Healthy Smile With Dental Cleanings in Beverly, MA
Nothing beats a professional cleaning. Even if you vacuum your carpets regularly, you’ll want to get them cleaned periodically by a professional to keep them in top shape. The same is true of your teeth. No matter how diligently you brush and floss, you’ll miss bacteria that can collect in the tiniest nooks and crannies of your mouth. Professional dental cleanings will:Doctor Sukhpreet Heer on a patient's first dental cleaning Read Transcript
When patients come in for their first dental cleaning, they’re greeted either by myself, Dr. Martins, or our hygienist, Torrie. We get them to the room, make sure that they’re comfortable, and we actually offer Bluetooth headphones with Netflix and Pandora to help the patient feel more comfortable during their cleaning experience. It’s just an altogether more comfortable experience for the patient.
One of the ways we ensure that the patients have a very good experience during their cleanings is by making sure that there’s consistency. Every single person that cleans the teeth in our office does it in the exact same sequence. We start out with the ultrasonic or the Cavitron, make sure that everything is nice and clean, follow up with hand instruments, and then polish your teeth at the end. By the end of the experience, it’s consistent no matter who you see in the office, leading to a much more predictable experience for the patients, so there are no surprises anywhere.
- Help prevent cavities by removing plaque from teeth
- Remove surface stains from your teeth so your smile shines more brightly
- Reduce the incidence of gum disease by cleaning plaque from hard-to-reach areas like the gumline
- Lower your risk of conditions that research has linked to poor oral hygiene, such as heart disease and stroke
- Help you avoid the kind of dental damage that can result in costly and time-intensive procedures
Learn Good Oral Hygiene Habits
Cleanings are a great opportunity for our dentists and hygienists to educate you about the connection between your oral health and your overall health. We’ll talk to you about oral hygiene techniques to use at home. We’re also happy to discuss the general, restorative, and cosmetic dental options available to you, so we can work together to create a personalized lifetime treatment plan! You’re a partner, not just a patient, at our Beverly, MA dentist office. As part of your plan, we may recommend preventive dental services like:
- Fluoride treatments, to strengthen tooth enamel and help prevent cavities
- Dental sealants, to provide an added layer of anti-cavity protection in areas like the back teeth
- Deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing, to treat gum disease in its early stages
To book dental cleanings for your family, call Martins Dental Partners at (978) 288-1946. We’re located near several schools, including Beverly High School, Shore Country Day School, and St. Mary, Star of Sea Elementary School.